1. Over at Kingdom Conversations I am continuing my series on modern day parables. So often, the church does not take the time to consider the power of stories–especially parables. So far I have written on business, Vietnam, Police, gas, and resumes . My good friend Mark has also taken some time at Kingdom Conversations to write about The Other Mark.
2. The State of the Union:
3. Andrew talks about new ideas for pastor transitions.
4. Charlie talks about the politics of division. I commented over there saying that I thought pro-choice and pro-life are not as hard-line as they sometimes like to think.
5. Cat talks about living in grace.
7. Perhaps the Singles Ministries in churches could learn a message from this:
8. What is trinitarian hedonism you ask? Click here to find out. I think that Piper’s answers to the question, why create us is insufficient only because he tries to answer it. I don’t think there is any clear answer from scripture as to why God created us.
10. Goooooooooooooooood Morning Afghanistan.
11. Good ol’ Calvin and Hobbes: